This is a program that brings together energetic, enthusiastic volunteers and senior members within the metro Atlanta community. The purpose of this program is for volunteers and pioneers to build lasting friendships through providing companion visits and support. The program provides a sense of purpose and belonging, and helps the volunteers to to develop a sense of social responsibility and awareness.
Are you looking for an IMPACTFUL way to make a difference this Ramadan? We are looking for volunteers to dedicate at least two hours of service to our community pioneers. Volunteers can reach out, visit, assist with errands, listen, provide support and/or share in an iftar meal. Be part of a pioneer's life and make a difference in yours.
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Provide references for Reference Check
- At least 2-4 hours of service during Ramadan
- Participate in a Volunteer Training/Orientation
- Have a positive attitude towards working and interacting with the elderly
Volunteers submit their availability and are matched for a two-hour shift, once or twice during Ramadan. Days and times vary based on the pioneer’s schedule. Remember that Adopt-a-Pioneer is a Ramadan-long commitment.
Are you a "matured youth" that could use some support during the month of Ramadan? Are you looking for help with running errands, home organization, hair cuts or maintenance or just a companionship visit? During this month, Atlanta Masjid of Al-Islam and The Muslim Mix have identified several community volunteers that are excited to work with you. If you are interested, fill out the form below and we will match you with a compatible volunteer who'll be of service to you.
Requirements & Commitment –
- 60 years or older AND/OR special medical circumstances that would qualify for the program
- Attend a Pioneer Orientation workshop
- Sign a Adopt-A-Pioneer program Participation Form
- Primary communication will be facilitated through email and phone
Pioneers submit their availability and are matched for a two-hour shift, during the month of Ramadan. Days and times vary based on volunteer's schedule.